SUMMER HORSEMANSHIP SCHOOL: AGES 8 AND UP
Come spend a week learning about and caring for your equine friends! Each day is split between a minimum of one mounted lesson and a second lesson, or mounted game and ground lessons. Every day is all about horses. Favorite activities include, but are not limited to: grooming, feeding, bathing, clipping, braiding, lunging, and basic first-aid care. The June 27th session is reserved for students who are already jumping comfortably. We have three outdoor arenas available for riding lessons, and students will be split for mounted lessons based on their ability. All other activities will be done in a group setting.
For ages 8 and up, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Limited to 10 Students currently enrolled in lessons at Windermere.
A SAMPLE DAY:
- 9:00 – 9:15 : Arrival and Horse Assignment
- 9:15 – 10:00 : Grooming and Tacking
- 10:00 – 11:00 : Mounted Riding Lesson
- 11:00 – 11:30 : Horse Care
- 11:30 – 12:00 : Lunch
- 12:00 – 1:00 : Ground Lesson
- 1:00 – 1:30 : Prep for Lesson
- 1:30 – 2:30 : Riding Lesson or other Mounted Activity
- 2:30 – 3:00 : Horse Care, Prep for Departure.